Montserrat & Wine private day trips are guided by one of our fun, informative guides who give you a great, detailed explanation of the history of Montserrat, as well as the history of the region of Catalunya.
Private Barcelona Walking Tour: Old Quarter’s Tales and Corners
Travel Down History by Foot!
- Private Group 1 to 8 People All Ages
- 1 Guest
- 2 Guests
- 3 Guests
- 4 Guests
- 5 Guests
- 6 Guests
- 7 Guests
- 8 Guests
Discover the charming Old Quarter by the hand of an expert, personable guide in Barcelona!
One of our personable, charismatic and highly-knowledgeable guides leads you on a journey back in time, visiting the main highlights of Barcelona’s Ciutat Vella (Old city) via the hidden corners, winding streets and charming squares of the Barri Gótic and El Born districts.
Active and entertaining option to really get the local flavor of Barcelona.
You will lose yourself in the history, legends, local tradition and culture of Barcelona as you explore and experience, first-hand, the Roman, Medieval and Modernist eras that made Barcelona into one of the most powerful maritime empires in the Mediterranean, and what is undeniably one of the most innovative, culturally-dynamic cities in the world today.
This private group tour is designed and recommended for ‘history buffs’ and cultural enthusiasts, and you can expect plenty of engaging, one-on-one interactions with your guide.
Only a few of the notable highlights and hidden gems of the Barcelona Old-Quarter walking tours include:
- Plaça Catalunya
- Las Ramblas
- La Boquería market
- Santa Creu Hospital
- Rambla del Raval
- Sant Pau del Camp (9th century Romanesque Monastery)
- Plaça Reial
- Plaça del Pi (Santa Maria del Pi church)
- Jewish quarter (El Call)
- Casa l’Ardiaca (Archdeacon’s house)
- Barcelona Cathedral (Catedral de la Santa Creu i Santa Eulàlia)
- Plaça Sant Jaume
- Plaça del Rei
- Roman / Medieval Wall
- Santa Maria del Mar church
- Passeig del Born / Mercat del Born
- Port Vell (Roman / Medieval port)
- Very knowledgeable and entertaining, English-speaking guide
- Map of the city
- Guide’s gratuity (optional)
- Very Comfortable shoes
- Umbrella or raincoat (if necessary)
Cruise ship port and airport pick-ups and drop-offs will assume an extra charge, please inquire through our book form.