Romantic Escape: 2 Days, 1 night package
This 2-day escape is ideal for couples wanting to the charming corners of Catalonia from south to north and east to west but only have two days during their time in Barcelona to realistically getaway.
This Romantic Escape around Barcelona is a 2-day/1-night experience designed for a couple, or groups of couples, to see the best of what the Catalan Mediterranean, interior villages, and Medieval Girona and Pyrenees mountains has to offer. Have it your way… it can be action-packed or allow you to slow it down and enjoy the weather and local culture and fare. Your knowledgeable and entertaining guide will make sure that these next couple of days will be filled with the most incredible experiences of your life that are completely for and about the two of you.
Day 1 – Villages of the Costa Brava and interior, wine tasting, great food and sun
For the first part of your adventure you will begin by leaving Barcelona and being brought straight to paradise for a day of sun, beach, surf, wine and local cuisine in the charming villages and coves of the famously beautiful Costa Brava. Your day will begin with a light, scenic walk along the gorgeous coves between two villages, stopping for a leisurely dip in the Mediterranean and the opportunity to sink your toes in the sand while you toast and sip chilled cava (Spanish champagne).
After that, you may enjoy a great lunch of local fare in one of the seafront villages of the Costa Brava or venture off to one of the Interior country restaurants. Following lunch you will stop along the way to your accommodation for a private wine tasting in one of the premier Empordà region wineries. You will end the day at your boutique, cliff-top accommodation in Begur with the most spectacular views and access to the most gorgeous secluded coves on the Spanish/Catalan Mediterranean. The night is yours with dinner and drinks at the cliff-top hotel restaurant and you can enjoy the breathtaking sundown from your sea-view balcony or take a stroll along the sea to one of the local villages.
Day 2 – A BIG day of whatever you’d like to do: Beach, cycling, hiking, wine-tasting, pool-side…
After a leisurely breakfast cliff-top, you’ll have time to relax at the hotel, local beach or pool-side until 12 pm. Your Spanish Trails’ guide will then meet you and take you on the adventure that you’ve chosen for the day. We are more than ready to accommodate specific requests of whatever you have in mind but we strongly suggest one of the following options, all of which have been major successes with our guests:
- Wine touring and tasting at two great wineries in the Empordà region (Alt Empordà) with the resident winemakers. A great lunch of local products is served with your wine tasting in one of them
- Go for some leisurely country cycling from medieval village to medieval village through the local interior valley of the Baix Empordà with a great country restaurant lunch.
- Explore the northern Costa Brava to see Cadaques, Cap de Creus and visit the Salvador Dalí house-museum in Port Lligat.
- Visit Roman / Medieval Girona for a walking tour of the quaint old-quarter and enjoy a big lunch with wine in a local restaurant.
- Head to the Catalan Pyrenees to one of the region’s most well preserved medieval villages for a trip 500 years back in time accompanied by panoramic walking/hiking trails and a very rustic, satisfying lunch of local fare.
- Make your way south for great lunch, tour and walks around the Montserrat monastery.
- Specialized requests
At the end of your Romantic Escape, you will be transferred back to your Barcelona accommodation with plenty of suggestions for your remaining time in Barcelona. It should be noted that many do opt for another night in Girona and decide to take one of the many trains (one every hour) back to Barcelona, on their own and at their pace, the next day.
We hope that you come experience this amazing adventure and spend your trip with us. If you are interested in an extra day of fun, check out our Romantic 3-Day Getaways from Barcelona.
Leave it up to us!
Please fill in the following form so we can understand your interests and tailor this trip specifically for you.