Romantic 3-Day Getaways from Barcelona
The possibilities are endless with the charming corners of Catalunya from Barcelona to Girona, the Mediterranean, the Pyrenees, the southern Priorat wine region, the northern Costa Brava and South of France.
This Spanish Romantic Getaway from Barcelona or Girona is a 3-day/2-night experience designed for a couple, or groups of couples, to see the best of what the Catalan Mediterranean, interior villages, and Medieval Girona and Pyrenees mountains has to offer. This 3-day escape is ideal for couples wanting to see every one of the charming corners of Catalonia from south to north and east to west. Your knowledgeable and entertaining guide will make sure that these next three days will be filled with the most incredible experiences of your life that are completely for and about the two of you.
Day 1 – Villages of the Costa Brava and interior, wine tasting, great food and sun
For the first part of your adventure you will begin by leaving Barcelona and being brought straight to paradise for a day of sun, beach, surf, wine and local cuisine in the charming villages and coves of the famously beautiful Costa Brava. Your day will begin with a light, scenic walk along the gorgeous coves between two villages, stopping for a leisurely dip in the Mediterranean and the opportunity to sink your toes in the sand while you toast and sip chilled cava (Spanish champagne).
After that, you may enjoy a great lunch of local fare in one of the seafront villages of the Costa Brava or venture off to one of the Interior country restaurants. Following lunch you will stop along the way to your accommodation for a private wine tasting in one of the premier Empordà region wineries. You will end the day at your boutique, cliff-top accommodation in Begur with the most spectacular views and access to the most gorgeous secluded coves on the Spanish/Catalan Mediterranean. The night is yours with dinner and drinks at the cliff-top hotel restaurant and you can enjoy the breathtaking sundown from your sea-view balcony or take a stroll along the sea to one of the local villages.
Day Two – Costa Brava relax & Girona nightlife: Sun, beach, relaxing and Girona nightlife
For your second day in this Costa Brava paradise you may do as little or as much as you’d like. After breakfast or brunch overlooking the Mediterranean, you have a long list of options to choose from for today’s activity that can be relished at your own pace.
- You can spend time relaxing by the clifftop swimming pool or on your sea view terrace.
- You could take a long or short walk to one of the local beach towns for beach time and lunch or have the hotel make you a picnic to enjoy in a secluded cove.
- Or you can venture into Begur city for a historical stroll, shopping and lunch or just hang at the hotel and relax.
Your Spanish Trails guide will meet you at the end of the day to transport you to Girona city for a city tour of the Roman/medieval city and a great evening of wining and dining in the Barri Vell (old quarter) with local events. There is usually live music at one or more of the venues most nights of the week, but just strolling through the Barri Vell with drinks here and there is an amazing experience in itself.
Day 3: Medieval Girona, wine and tapas, light hikes, country cycling or spa relaxing
After breakfast on your final day, you will have time to shop or spend time in Girona before the day’s chosen activity. Some our clients’ favorite activities have included:
- Heading to the Catalan Pyrenees, one of the region’s most well preserved medieval villages for a trip 500 years back in time accompanied by panoramic walking/hiking trails and a very rustic, satisfying lunch of local fare.
- Attending a wine tour with wine tastings and lunch with the resident winemaker in one of the boutique wineries in northern Empordà region (Alt Empordà).
- Others have opted for some leisurely country cycling from medieval village to medieval village through the local interior valley of the Baix Empordà with a great country restaurant lunch.
At the end of your escapades, you will be transferred back to your Barcelona accommodation with plenty of suggestions for your remaining time in Barcelona. It should be noted that many do opt for another night in Girona and decide to take one of the many trains (one every hour) back to Barcelona, on their own and at their pace, the next day.
We hope that you come experience this amazing adventure and spend your trip with us!
Leave it up to us!
Please fill in the following form so we can understand your interests and tailor this trip specifically for you.